Friday, March 27, 2009

Coraline (2008)

A little girl finds a door to an alternative life, with a mother that cooks great food & a father that's all fun. In the "other" life, everyone has buttons for eyes, which seems strange, but Coraline is willing to accept it. But things start to get scary when the "other" mother asks Coraline to sew on her own button eyes in order to stay in the alternative life forever.

I saw this movie in 3-D, & good thing, because the story itself was not that great. I've seen other kids films that I like, including Kung Fu Panda, but I couldn't relate to this one.

The 3-D technology was awesome - so much better than those movies we used to watch on TV when I was a kid. The 3-D glasses were even sturdy plastic instead of the cheap-o paper ones we got back then. & the stop-motion animation was cool to watch too.

Henry Selick directed, who also directed The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Coraline on IMDb

No comments: